By entering the 2023 South Australian Training Awards, you agree to the conditions of entry. You must meet the eligibility requirements of the applicable category.
The closing date for applications is 6pm on Sunday 11 June. No extensions will be provided.
- open from 17 April
- open to individuals, public or private sector organisations, groups or businesses involved in VET.
All applicants should:
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia, reside in South Australia, and meet all eligibility criteria
- if an organisation, be registered in Australia, with an Australian Business Number
- if an RTO, declare it has no current compliance issues with the regulator (Australian Skills Quality Authority) or the Department for Education, and no adverse issues with any government contract
- if an employer, declare their organisation has no adverse issues with any government contract or with their industry sector regulator
- agree to being nominated, if not self-nominating advise the South Australian Training Awards if they are under 18 years of age at the time of nomination comply with workplace health, privacy, safety, and industrial relations legislation
- note that shortlisted candidates may be visited at the location of their training as part of the judging process
- be prepared and able to meet with the judging panel if selected as a shortlisted candidate
- note that a photographer may visit them at the location of their training to take photographs for use at the South Australian Training Awards event and for the Australian Training Awards promotional purposes and to promote VET
- not apply for any other state or territory award in the application year
- be eligible for entry according to specific award category criteria - non-compliance with entry criteria will be sufficient grounds for the Department for Education to reject the application
- be prepared to attend all interviews in person and/or virtually, as required, and undergo all preparations that the Commission or its nominee deems necessary for the awards
- be able to attend individual award interviews in July be able to undertake virtual organisation award interviews and site visits in July
- be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian at the South Australian Training Awards on 21 September if under the age of 18 years
- if selected as a finalist, attend the South Australian Training Awards event on 21 September
- if selected as a state winner, attend the professional development workshop on 9 October, prior to the Australian Training Awards
- enter on the understanding that the Commission or its nominee reserves the right to alter, vary and/or modify any prize or condition of entry and reserves the right to make any new conditions
- abide by the decisions of the Commission or its nominee, whose decision shall be final on all matters pertaining to the award - no correspondence or justification for any decision shall be required of the Commission
- agree they have read, understood and endorsed the contents of their application.
All applications will:
- meet the specific eligibility requirements of the category to which they relate
- address the selection criteria
- be factually correct
- refer to a service, program or training that meets the Australian Qualifications Framework standards
- refer to a current VET activity
- be written using plain English
- not exceed the word or attachment limit, be written in the first person. (For example, I or we contributed to a project)
All applicants understand and agree that:
- they have read and endorsed the contents of their application
- when an application does not meet the eligibility requirements of the award category, it will not be considered by the judging panel
- only one application for any joint program will be accepted
- decisions of the judging panel are final
- late applications will not be accepted
- failure of an applicant to follow any lawful direction of the Commission, or its nominee, shall mean instant disqualification and instant forfeiture of any award, whether or not any award benefit has commenced, has not commenced, or has commenced but has not been completed
- no applicant shall have any right to seek compensation or otherwise claim for compensation and the application form is submitted on the express understanding that the candidate waives any right to claim for compensation
- if any award winner receives a prize and is subsequently discovered to be ineligible for the award, the Commission reserves the right to recover the prize from the applicant
- all individual award winners will automatically be entered in the Australian Training Awards (where appropriate award categories apply)
- award winners must be able to represent South Australia at the Australian Training Awards in Hobart. Travel and accommodation costs are
covered for national finalists. National finalists (individual) will be required to take leave from work or study commitments for up-to an entire week in November, including the Australian Training Awards presentation event.
- award winners must be committed to promoting and being involved with ongoing promotion of the awards and VET into the following year, for example participating on judging panels and undertaking speaking opportunities.
- the Commission, the Department for Education, Australian Training Awards and the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business reserve the right to use all or part of any material generated (photographs, film footage, applications etc) for the purpose of the publication online, in print or through other broadcast media, for use in publicity, promotional materials or campaigns
- the Department for Education or any of its employees are eligible to apply for any award with the exclusion of staff directly involved in marketing and communications, or staff involved with the judging process.
Only authorised State and Australian Training Awards government agency officers and appointed panel members have access to applicants’ information. The authorised State government agency may give information to other relevant bodies, sponsors and media. Personal information will not be disclosed to any other party without the applicant’s consent, unless authorised or required by law. All panel members sign confidentiality and conflict of interest statements.